Research Triangle Region, N.C. – The Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster (RTCC) has launched a new website designed to connect the region’s cleantech community and provide knowledge and resources that help cluster members innovate and grow.
“Economic development is a contact sport,” said RTCC Managing Director Lee Anne Nance, executive vice president for the Research Triangle Regional Partnership, which created and manages the RTCC. “Our new site is designed to connect our cluster members in new and different ways and provide a gateway for them to connect with other companies, partners and talent.”
A key feature of the site is a Job Search page in the Resources section that links cleantech job seekers directly to job openings listed on websites of member companies and partner organizations. The page is one part of a broader RTCC initiative to help cluster companies develop and attract talent. The RTCC is now conducting a survey of members to determine their talent and workforce development needs, and results of that survey will be used to develop an action plan.
Other features of the new website also support components of the RTCC’s two-year program of work. Among them:
- Interactive dashboard that quantifies the size, makeup and impact of the region’s cleantech economy. The dashboard contains links to detailed, proprietary information on cleantech-related job creation (more than 10,500 related jobs announced from July 2009-June 2014), capital investments (more than $1.29 billion in total investment during the period), workforce, patents and venture capital deals.
- Profiles of member companies and their innovations in smart grid, water and transportation. The profiles are designed to promote interaction and collaboration among regional companies that spark innovations as well as showcase the depth and breadth of the region’s cleantech sector.
- Ability to connect through social media. The site invites members to sign in using social media to access custom content and connect with others.
- Reports on cluster trends and market data. The Resource section archives research reports on cluster assets and trends as well as marketing information and the RTCC’s annual report.
- Marketing content. The website serves as a primary tool for promoting the region as a global leader in cleantech innovation and a destination for cleantech companies to locate or expand.
The RTCC’s web address is www.researchtrianglecleantech.org.
About the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster
The Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster is an initiative of business, government, academic and nonprofit leaders working to accelerate the region’s cleantech economy through collaboration and partnerships that promote innovation and sector growth. The Research Triangle Regional Partnership (RTRP) formed and manages the RTCC with funding from industry board members ABB Inc., Cisco Systems, Duke Energy, Field2Base Inc., Itron Inc., Piedmont Natural Gas, Power Analytics Corp., PowerSecure International, RTI International, SAS, Schneider Electric, Sensus and Siemens and its members. RTRP leads economic development for the Research Triangle Region of North Carolina.
# # #
Contact: Lee Anne Nance, Managing Director, Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster, (919) 840-7372